May 3, 2017

The Dark Tower Trailer Has Arrived!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1648190/?ref_=ttmi_tt
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1648190/?ref_=ttmi_tt
"The Gunslinger, Roland Deschain, roams an Old West-like landscape where "the world has moved on" in pursuit of the man in black. Also searching for the fabled Dark Tower, in the hopes that reaching it will preserve his dying world."

I'll admit that I've tried to read Stephen King's Dark Tower series a few times, and have never been able to get through the first book. As a kid, I grew up reading everything the man wrote, in both long and short form, and he was my absolute favorite author, and a huge influence on my reading/viewing habits.

Back then, and even noow, The Dark Tower is a slow, plodding read for me, which may have to do with it being such a challenge for Stephen King to write. Many people say it's his worst work, and others say it's his best. Whether good or bad though, TDT spans 8 books, and is epic in scope, and many people have said that it would be impossible to film.

They may be right, as the upcoming film is not a direct adaptation, but a "re-imagining" of the first and third book, with elements from others thrown in I'm sure. The good thing is that two of the best actors in the world will be playing Roland (Idris Elba) and The Man in Black (Matthew McConaughey), and the trailer looks pretty damn good... the part where Roland is loading his pistol... holy shit!

"I do not kill with my gun... I kill with my heart."

We are so there.


The Dark Tower hits theaters on August 4th.

1 comment :

  1. Well, there's another one to add to my "must see" list!

    ReplyDelete